UK Commercial Cleaning offer a comprehensive range of flood restoration and water damage restoration services, which are essential following a flood at your home or property.
Based on the category of flood incident that has occurred in your property, we are able to decontaminate correctly and restore it back to its original state.
Flood Classification – Need to Know
We categorise flood incidents to help with our decision making. Internationally accepted standards classify water damage incidents according to the source of the water as follows:
1. Clean water – not harmful to humans; from broken pipes, sink overflows, appliance leaks.
2. Grey water – water which may carry some micro-organisms, for example, water from dishwashers, washing machines, broken aquariums.
3. Black water – grossly unsanitary water, containing large quantities of micro-organisms and other contaminants. This could include sewage entering a building, sea water, ground surface water and water from streams and rivers.
In addition to this we classify flood and water related incidents by the following factors:
Vertical leaks – where water has spread to the floor below there will be a greater chance of unpredictable penetration of water into structural voids and electrical services.
Aged incidents – prolonged humid conditions over several days can cause absorbent materials to pick up extra moisture. There is then an increased risk of mould growth, along with the potential for health effects.
The Hazards of Mould
Your home is normally dry – much dryer than outside, and therefore mould free. After a flood this changes and mould spores are more prevalent, thriving of the available moisture.
Due to the infection risks associated with mould, especially for anyone with a suppressed immune system or respiratory issues, it is vital that the property undergoes full water damage and flood restoration.
Water Damage Restoration & Flood Restoration Specialists
At UK Commercial Cleaning, we will start each flood, sewage or water damage restoration project by multi-cleaning to remove unhealthy material, and applying a sanitising treatment and carry out a cleanliness test (ATP) to ensure a satisfactory result.
We also look to release trapped moisture, reduce humidity and dry out the property using the latest super heating dehumidifiers paying particular focus to:
- Floating (insulated) floors
- Plasterboard and insulation
- Behind fitted cupboards